1655 North Commerce Parkway, Suite 201
Weston, FL 33326
Criminal Defense Attorney

Dealing in Stolen Property

Florida Law is quite clear about the penalties that will result if a person is convicted of dealing in stolen property. The accused may be charged with a second degree felony, depending on the circumstances of the case and how the items were allegedly sold or moved. The standard, accepted definition of the offense is when a person offers, sells, or traffics in property that he either knew or should have known was stolen. These defendants are often charged with a felony of the second degree.

When a person is accused of initiating, organizing, planning, financing, directing, managing, or supervising the theft of property and then offering, selling, or trafficking said stolen property, he will be charged with a more serious crime. Dealing in stolen property that was allegedly appropriated by the accused is a felony of the second degree in the state of Florida. If you or someone you know has been charged with this serious offense, it is important to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney like Evan H. Baron as soon as possible!

A conviction for the lesser charge of dealing in stolen property is a second degree felony that is punishable by up to 15 years in jail and/or a fine of up to $10,000. The more serious charge will be entered as a second degree felony and it carries with it a maximum sentence of 30 years behind bars and/or a fine of up to $10,000. The Law Firm of Evan H. Baron and Associates can help you fight a charge of dealing in stolen property.

How can they help?

As a general rule, a person cannot be convicted of the crime if they can adequately or satisfactorily explain how they came into possession of the stolen goods without actually knowing that they were stolen. A satisfactory explanation is often used as a defense strategy against the charge of dealing in stolen property.

To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced criminal attorneys today, please call (954) 385-9160.